If you’re reading this, you’re likely considering a trip to Bali as a digital nomad. And that’s a great idea! This small island in Indonesia is one of the most popular destinations for remote workers and entrepreneurs.
Bali is known for its world-famous beaches, lush jungles, and spiritual culture. It’s also home to a growing community of digital nomads who have made the switch to working online while traveling. In this article, we’ll share some insider tips and tricks for making the most of your time in Bali.
Finding Accommodation in Bali as a Digital Nomad
Let’s start with accommodation. As a digital nomad, you’ll want to find a place with good wifi and a comfortable work space. There are a few different options to choose from, but be prepared to spend a bit more than you would if you were just traveling on holiday.
The best option is to rent a villa or house. This way, you have plenty of space to work and can come and go as you please. There are plenty of websites that offer short-term rentals, and it’s always worth asking around among your network of fellow digital nomads.
If that’s not an option, you can also try Airbnb or Couchsurfing. Just make sure to communicate clearly with your host about your needs, and be prepared for some noise if you’re staying in a shared space.
Best Budget-Friendly Eateries for Digital Nomads
One of the best things about being a digital nomad is that you can work from anywhere in the world. And what better place to set up shop than Bali, with its lush landscapes, relaxed atmosphere and endless food options?
But as with any destination, eating out can quickly add up if you’re not careful. So to help you get the most out of your Bali travels – on a budget – we’ve compiled a list of our favorite budget-friendly eateries.
From tasty hawker stalls to hip cafe joints, these places will keep your stomach and wallet happy.
Working and Co-Working Spaces for Digital Nomads in Bali
So, you’ve decided to explore Bali as a digital nomad? (Good choice!) This is the perfect destination for anyone looking for an exotic and affordable place to work and relax.
There are plenty of co-working spaces in Bali that are perfect for digital nomads. Here are a few of our favorites:
- The Hub: This space is located in the heart of Seminyak and is perfect for entrepreneurs and start-ups. They offer a variety of membership plans, as well as daily and weekly passes.
- Pikatan: This space is great for remote workers who want to be surrounded by other like-minded individuals. They offer a variety of membership plans, as well as daily and weekly passes.
- Outpost: This space is perfect for digital nomads who need access to a fast internet connection. They offer monthly and yearly memberships, as well as daily and weekly passes.
Popular Places to Explore for Digital Nomads in Bali
Are you ready to explore Bali as a digital nomad? There are plenty of places that offer great amenities, like access to Internet, cafes and other facilities. Here are a few of the popular places you might want to check out:
- Ubud: Surrounded by beautiful rice paddies and temples, Ubud is known for its breathtaking scenery and diverse culture. It’s considered one of the most popular spots for digital nomads and is also a great base for exploring the rest of Bali.
- Canggu: Located on the southwestern coast of Bali, Canggu is an up-and-coming town that’s quickly become a mecca for surfers, yogis and digital nomads alike. It has all the amenities you would expect from a town with such an expat presence: high-speed Internet, co-working spaces, cafes and even local markets.
- Seminyak: Seminyak offers a great mix of nightlife, culture and beaches. You can find plenty of cafes with great coffee here, as well as bars and clubs where you can socialize with other digital nomads.
Activities and Events for Digital Nomads in Bali
Bali is a great place for digital nomads, as there’s plenty of fun activities and events to enjoy in your downtime. Whether you’re looking for coworking experiences, networking events, or just want to explore the vibrant culture of Bali, you’ll find something that piques your interest.
For those looking to share their experiences and knowledge, check out the Digital Nomads Bali group meetups. There are regular events held by the group throughout Bali, where digital nomads can get together and chat about their respective trips.
If you’re feeling adventurous, take a scooter trip around the island with some friends and check out all the incredible spots. You’ll find huge waves perfect for surfing on some parts of the island as well as unique markets and restaurants that will make your trip even more special. Don’t forget to get out at night and take advantage of the amazing nightlife in Bali!
Expert Tips and Tricks on Experiencing the Best of Bali
Exploring Bali as a digital nomad can be overwhelming, as there is so much to see and do. To help you out, here are some expert tips and tricks to help make your time in Bali unforgettable.
First of all, make sure you do your research and plan ahead. Bali is a popular tourist destination, so it’s worth booking any accommodation or activities in advance to avoid disappointment.
Another tip is to take the time to slow down and get to know the island better. A great way to do this is by renting a scooter and going for an exploration drive – you’ll be able to visit hidden gems off the beaten path that many tourist don’t know about!
Finally, remember that although it can be tempting to try and fit everything into one trip, visiting several times over the year allows you dig deeper into the culture and really get a feel for what it means to live in Bali as a digital nomad.
So, if you’re thinking of traveling to Bali and you want to make the most of your time there as a digital nomad, keep these tips in mind! Bali is an amazing place to visit, and with the right planning, you can make the most of your time there.