You’ve decided to take the plunge and become a digital nomad. (Good for you!) You’ve scoured the internet for the best places to set up shop, and you’ve finally decided on Chiang Mai. (Even better!) But now what? How do you make the most of your time in this amazing city?
Never fear: we’re here to help. Below, we’ve gathered some of our favorite tips for exploration and adventure in Chiang Mai. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned pro, we promise you’ll find something new in this guide. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
Where to Stay in Chiang Mai as a Digital Nomad
There are plenty of places to stay in Chiang Mai as a digital nomad, but it’s important to find one that suits your needs. If you’re looking for a place that’s close to all the action, the Nimmanhaemin area is a great choice. Here, you’ll find trendy cafes, restaurants and shops within walking distance of most accommodation options.
If you’re after something a little quieter, the Old City is a great alternative. This area is home to ancient temples and traditional narrow streets, and it’s just a short tuk-tuk ride away from the Nimmanhaemin district.
A Guide to Working Remotely in Chiang Mai
It can be tough to find a great place to work remotely, but Chiang Mai is one of the best cities for digital nomads. Here are a few reasons why:
- The city is full of amazing food, culture and scenery. You’ll never get bored here.
- There’s a strong digital nomad community in Chiang Mai, so you’ll always have someone to connect with.
- The cost of living is low, which means you can afford to live comfortably while you’re working.
- Wi-Fi is widely available, and there are plenty of co-working spaces where you can set up shop for the day.
- If you’re looking for an adventure and some new exploration opportunities, Chiang Mai is definitely the place to be.
Finding Fun Local Experiences in Chiang Mai
So, you’ve finally arrived in Chiang Mai, and you’re ready to explore all the amazing things this city has to offer. But where do you start?
There are plenty of great local experiences to be had in Chiang Mai, and if you’re a digital nomad, chances are you want to find things that will let you mix work with pleasure. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Check out the night markets. You can find everything from clothes and jewelry to souvenirs and street food at Chiang Mai’s night markets. Be sure to wander the streets and explore all the different stalls for the best deals.
- Take a cooking class. Thai cuisine is some of the best in the world, so why not learn how to make some of your favorite dishes yourself? There are plenty of cooking classes in Chiang Mai that can teach you everything from Pad Thai to curries.
- Take a yoga class. Yoga is a great way to relax and center yourself, and there are plenty of great yoga studios in Chiang Mai. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced yogi, you’re sure to find a class that fits your needs.
Best Places for Wellness and Fitness Activities
Chiang Mai is a great place for wellness and fitness activities. There are plenty of spots to stay in shape, like gyms, yoga studios, swimming pools and even rock climbing walls.
If you’re looking for something more outdoorsy and adventurous, you can rent a bike or try ziplining or whitewater rafting along the Mae Kok River. You can also join guided hikes through the countryside or nearby national parks. If you’d prefer to take it easy, explore the city on foot and discover hidden gems along the way.
If you’d like to relax after all this adventure, there are plenty of traditional Thai spas that offer massages, facials and body scrubs. You can also treat yourself to some much-deserved R&R at local hot springs and natural baths. Whatever activity you choose, your body will thank you!
Most Delicious Street Food Spots in Chiang Mai
Do you love food? Chiang Mai is the perfect place to satisfy your cravings. I’m talking about incredible street food – from spicy curries to savory kebabs and twists on traditional favorites. Not only are these dishes delicious, they come with a unique cultural experience that you won’t find anywhere else.
One of the best places to experience this amazing street food culture is at Chang Phuak Night Market. Here you’ll find tasty treats like grilled meats and vegetables, khao soi (a Burmese-inspired coconut curry noodle dish), and pad Thai. Another great spot is U Chiang Mai, where the locals go for delicious Thai meals like gaeng om, a type of spicy soup. For dessert lovers, don’t miss Jim Thompson’s Café – they have an incredible selection of cakes, cookies, and other sweet treats!
So don’t forget to schedule in some time for trying out the amazing street food options in Chiang Mai!
Must-Do Activities for Digital Nomads in Chiang Mai
If you’re a digital nomad looking for amazing adventures in Chiang Mai, then you’re definitely in luck. From exploring the ancient temples of Wat Chedi Luang and Wat Phra Singh, to taking part in cooking classes, Chiang Mai is a prime destination for nomads looking for an exciting experience.
It’s also home to some pretty unique activities like visiting the night markets and elephant sanctuaries. If you’re up for it, there are also ziplining and rock climbing activities to really get your adrenaline going! You can also take part in Thai boxing classes or take a Muay Thai class – whatever suits your style of adventure.
Lastly, don’t miss out on all the amazing street food that you can find around every corner. Taking some time to savor all the flavors and aromas will make your digital nomad experience complete and truly memorable!
So, whether you’re looking for an outdoor adventure, some culture and history, or just a place to relax and get some work done, we hope this guide has helped you see that Chiang Mai is a great destination for digital nomads. With its wealth of activities, great weather, and supportive community, it’s the perfect place to set up shop and work on your next project.